Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1st Update

I was reminded today that it has been a couple of weeks since I last updated our blog.  I have had some very encouraging news the last couple of weeks. 

As some of you might know I started this journey with Multiple Myeloma because I was having hives.  The hives finally got to a point where Kathy convinced me I needed to see a doctor and that led to my diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma.  About three weeks ago I started breaking out again.  The pattern was different but I asked the doctor to check for the protein that is the indicator for Myeloma.  Last Friday we got the results of that test back and the cancer is unobserved.  That means the stem cell transplant worked and the cancer is knocked down to a level that can be managed for awhile. 

Additionally my blood counts (white blood count, platelets and  my ANC) are all in the normal range.  That means I am progressing as I should.  I have also been feeling much better the last two weeks.  So I am very happy with the progress I am making. The only major problem I have at this point is neuropathy in my feet.  We are dealing with that through medication. 

As always your continued prayers are a blessing to me and the rest of the family.

 Kevin

No comments:

Followers