Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kids Bathroom Floor

Well another project is done. We started tearing our upstairs bathroom floor out last Friday night. Zach was a big help on this project and I think he can put in tile now if anyone needs a tile layer. Here he is tearing out tack strips for the old carpet.
Clean up along the way. Josh helped on Friday night as we tore things out and laid down the backer board
Trial run for the first course inside the doorway. Down goes the first course.


Zach is putting down the mortar in the back corner, getting a little mud everywhere.

Putting in the last few tiles

Everything is down with the spacers in just waiting for drying time.

Zach did almost all of the grout work. He did an excellent job and is now ready for even BIGGER projects!!
Here is the finished product. We even went out and added some decorations. That was harder than picking out the tile!

4 comments:

Council Family said...

That looks really good. The boys should be happy to have such handy parents to teach them these skills.

Can I borrow them for a couple of weeks?

James

Gentzlers said...

Just let us know when!!! :)

Kathy

Laci Strickland said...

It looks SO good!!

The Nassars said...

I really like it! I have never understood why people would have carpet in the bathroom...

Followers