Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring, Easter Dress and a Coon?????

Lots going on around here. Spring is here and I'm so happy! I think it got to 82` today. A bit hotter than I wanted, but at least it wasn't snow. :) I cut some branches from the neighbor's bushes a couple of weeks ago. They are now in full bloom. (and Yes, I had permission from her!)Becca and I picked out some fabric for her Easter Dress. I worked all day Sunday (between church services) and then on Monday, but it is done. Here it is:And where does the COON fit in, you may ask?????? Well, he has been a bother and a pest for a long time. In reality it is probably a whole clan of them, but as of right now he is getting the brunt of the blame. Torn up bushes, bird feeders knocked out of the trees, holes in the yard that we did NOT want etc......... Well last Friday night we won the battle. Up until then I think we were just feeding him, or so he thought. All that yummy cat food that he could reach into the trap and eat! Well, Kevin outsmarted him. Planted the cat food in a hole in the yard and staked the trap over it. And it worked! So he got a special trip..... "over the river and thru the woods....." Hopefully never to be seen again.Now for his hundreds of family members that I'm sure he shared his stories with. All that yummy cat food that you didn't even have to work too hard for.......... Oh well, I guess we better go set the trap again! Work to do.....

Good night, ya'll,
~~~Kathy~~~~

2 comments:

Dean and Mary said...

He looks harmless in that picture. LOL Hope you don't get any of his family members. And what a lovely Easter dress. I always loved it when my mama sowed for me. Happy Easter Gentzler family!

The Nassars said...

oh, but he's so cute!!!!! :)

Followers