A friend of ours has two apple trees in their backyard and they have been really productive this fall. Our friends have let us pick a few times this fall, we've gotten two or three laundry baskets FULL of apples!
Pretty sure we hadn't started picking yet. :-)
All the apples we picked on one day!!
The pole Becca and I are holding has an apple picking contraption on the end of it, so all you have to do is catch the apple in the basket.
Josh went with us to help pick (actually we needed his long arms. ;-) and he climbed one of the trees to get to the apples up high.
When we get the apples home this is what happens to them...
We've had apple butter EVERYWHERE lately. We've been doing some serious apple peeling, cutting, cooking, and canning! I'll put some pictures of how we get our apples ready for canning up next! ~Sarah
2 comments:
Hey, Can you send me the recipe for your apple butter? We thought it'd be fun to can some in small jars and go hand them out to our deacon flock. And then I get on here and you've posted about making apple butter. I think it's a God thing. : ) Love you and hope all is well. Miss you my friend!!
Do you make apple jelly with the skins and cores? I like to cook the apples a little with a little sugar and cinnamon and then freeze them in small batches for dessert.
Post a Comment